Thursday, May 22, 2008

Joker



May 6th 2007. I remember this day vividly. I was lining up for my second shot on the 12th hole at E. Gaynor Brennan Golf Course in Stamford, CT when a golfer who was driving his cart to the 13th tee box shouted at my group "ROGER CLEMENS JUST SIGNED WITH THE YANKEES!!" I was so fired up when I heard this news....the rocket was going to save our season!!!

"Thank y'all. Well they came and got me out of Texas, and uhh, I can tell you its a privilege to be back. I'll be talkin' to y'all soon"

The yanks threw a pro-rated salary of $28,000,022 at him or about $4.5 million per month.

I was at his first start against the Pirates on Saturday June 9th "the rocket re-launch". He rewarded us by throwing 6 strong innings striking out seven. I remember being pretty fired up as they played Elton John's "Rocketman" as he walked off the field to a standing ovation and Jeter gave him a leaping "high five"

That should be my lasting image of the Rocket but he turned out to be a real piece of SH*T. Thank you for SHATTERING my hopes and dreams Roger. I used to think you were the bomb. Boy was I wrong.

No comments: