Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I miss you L-Bow...........and so does Cano!!!



I have hated Bobby Meachem since I was 10 years old and always will. My dad took me to a game when I was a kid and we had box seats right near the tarp in right field. We got there really early and were watching the players warm up. I was about 5 feet away from Meachem who was having a catch with Dave Winfield. I asked Bobby Meachem about 50 times for an autograph of my "Sticker Book" and that piece of trash didn't even aknowledge my existence. Looking back at it today, why the hell would I even want an autograph from a career .236 hitter?

I was at the game on sat and watched Meachem coach third. I put him up there as one of the worst 3rd base coaches I have ever seen with the likes of Luis Sojo and Dale Sveum. He held Jeter at third on a base hit with two outs that he would have scored on even if he jogged to home plate. The next batter flied out ending the inning. Good thing they had a 5 run lead.

L-Bow is regarded as the best 3rd base coach in all of Baseball and has worked wonders with Robbie Cano on defense and always kept him sharp mentally. Meachem, you haven't showed me anything yet......TIME TO STEP UP AND EARN YOUR PINSTRIPES THAT YOU NEVER EARNED WHEN YOU WERE A PLAYER!!!!!

No comments: